TOP MOST UNIVERSITIES FOR FOREIGN STUDY IN NEW ZEALAND
The educational institutes and universities in New Zealand offer world-class education with updated industry-based curriculum and programmes which are globally recognized. In fact, all the 8 Universities of the country are ranked among the top 3 % in the world by QS World University Rankings 2018.
The 8 universities in New Zealand are:
- Auckland University of Technology
- University of Canterbury
- Lincoln University
- University of Otego
- University of Auckland
- Massey University
- University of Waikato
- Victoria University of Wellington
For more information about our partner institutions : click here
EDUCATION SYSTEM OF NEW ZEALAND
The education system of New Zealand mainly focuses on both educational attainment and practical learning. It is rated as one of the best education systems in the world by London’s Legatum Institute. The country’s education system is based on a 3-tier model which includes primary and intermediate schooling, after that secondary schooling (high schools) and the final one, is the tertiary education at universities and polytechnics. The nation is ranked as the best-funded education system in the world since they have the highest percentage of public funding in the education sector.
Universities in New Zealand provide a variety of courses and programs to the students depending on their area of interest, so that students can undertake flexible courses.
The country offers numerous options for international students.
- Level 1, 2, 3, and 4- Certificates
- Level 5 and 6 Diplomas
- Level 7 Bachelor’s Degree and graduate diploma
- Level 8 Post Graduate Diploma
- Level 9 Masters Degree
- Level 10 Doctorate/PhD
In every academic level, there are numerous options for students, who wish to study aboard in New Zealand.
TOP COURSES FOR INDIAN STUDENTS IN NEW ZEALAND
New Zealand universities are well-known for the following degrees. You can study in New Zealand, in any of the following academic levels:
- Business Studies
- Engineering Forestry
- IT and Computer Science
- Art and design
- Business management
- Health care
- Sports management
The country is world-renowned for its courses like Information Technology, Computer Science, and Animation. The animation is the most popular course in New Zealand!
Generally, a bachelor’s degree takes three years but if you are planning to do an honors course, it will take 4 years of study. However, this rule is not universally applicable to all universities. Hence, it is advisable to check with the university you are planning to apply for foreign study in New Zealand.
- Graduate Diploma
- Graduate Certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Bachelor’s Degree with Honors
Post Graduate Courses
- Post Graduate Diploma
- Post Graduate Certificate
- Masters Degree
STUDY ABROAD IN NEW ZEALAND: WHEN AND HOW TO APPLY
If you are planning to study in New Zealand, it is always advisable to start sending queries at least 6–8 months before the proposed date of admission. There are two intakes in a year: in January and July. Certain institutions do offer multiple intakes in the month of September and November. They start accepting applications in August prior to the academic year, you are applying for. Application forms are available online, request it via email or you can collect them from our offices. Application for vocational courses are open in March, April, May, July, and October (do check the university/institution).
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR STUDIES IN NEW ZEALAND
The general eligibility criteria for studies in New Zealand are mentioned below:
- Both undergraduate and Master courses, the applicant must have a minimum score of 6.5 in IELTS for (the score depends on the course and university).
- Several universities ask for a minimum score of 50 in PTE Academic for undergraduate and 64 for Masters Courses.
- 12 years of elementary and secondary education (12th /Intermediate).
- Most universities accept a minimum of 75% aggregate marks and a minimum of 60% in English
- Mathematics in class XII as a requirement (for some Sciences and Technology courses).
- Minimum mandatory IELTS/PTE Academic scores
Masters in New Zealand
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum compulsory IELTS / PTE Academic scores.
- Relevant work experience (for MBA and IT program).
DOCUMENT CHECKLIST FOR APPLYING TO UNIVERSITIES IN NEW ZEALAND
The lists of documents required for applying to universities are:
- Class 10 mark sheet
- Class 10 Passing Certificate
- Class 12 Mark sheet
- Class 12 Passing Certificate
- Bachelor’s Mark sheets
- Provisional Certificate/Graduation Degree
- Supportive documents:
- Appointment letter/work experience letters
- Proof of work experience (for courses like MBA and Masters in IT)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Diplomas certificates if relevant
- GMAT/GRE results
- IELTS/ PTE Academic scores
- Letter of Recommendation (if applicable)
- Statement of purpose
- Proof of other extracurricular and co-curricular activities to support your application.
Financial Documents required are:
- A valid passport
- An offer letter from a New Zealand education provider for an NZQA approved the course.
- Proof of sufficient funds:
• Money for tuition fee (self/sponsor)
• Financial undertaking by the sponsor to cover living expenses.
• Scholarship letter (if applicable).
• The student must show that they are having NZ$ 15,000 per annum to support their living expenses.
• Evidence for air tickets that you will leave New Zealand after completing studies in New Zealand.
- The complete the medical examination report and chest X-ray for courses having a duration of more than 1 year.
- The international students planning to study in New Zealand for more than 2 years must submit a police certificate.
- Medical insurance is mandatory
- TT receipt /Fee receipt
STUDENT’S LIFE IN NEW ZEALAND
New Zealand has a high quality of life index.
Safety for International students in New Zealand
The country has strict laws to safeguard the security and welfare of all the internal students coming to the country and offer one of the best supportive and secure atmosphere for them. It is mandatory to follow the “Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students” an inclusive manuscript that guarantees the protection of the rights of international students. It is compulsory for international students to have medical and travel insurance.