- Canada is one of the best study destinations for the students in the world offering high-quality education at an affordable fee structure with degrees that are recognized worldwide.Canada has seen a steady increase in education and tourism in the last few years. For the nine consecutive years, the UN survey claimed Canada to be among the top three places in the world to live. The country is a peace-loving, friendly, caring and secure society. Students who want overseas education recognize the value proposition it offers—high-quality institutions at an attractive price in a safe, beautiful, multicultural, progressive, and welcoming atmosphere. They lap up Canada’s excellent combined offer of high-quality education with opportunities for working both while and after studying and a chance to possibly immigrate after the completion of studies.
Here are 8 topmost reasons why every student should choose Study in Canada for further studies.
- A high-quality education in world-class institutions : A Canadian degree, certificate, and diploma is considered equivalent to the degrees in other Commonwealth countries and the US. Canada’s universities maintain high standards of academic excellence and are consistently recognized in top international rankings. 26 of Canada’s universities rank in the QS World University Rankings 2019 and 27 of them in the World University Rankings 2019.
- Wide range of programs and courses to choose from: The Canadian universities offer more than 10,000 undergraduate and graduate degree programs, as well as professional degree programs and certificate courses. Students can also choose to pursue various workshops, short courses, and upgrades for skilled workers and professionals side by side to their main degree program. Some institutions offer specialized courses from a wide range of fields like fisheries, agriculture, apiary, paramedical technology, telecommunications, medicine, agriculture, computer technology, business studies, and environmental sciences.
- Low cost of education: Tuition fees for foreign students in Canada are the lowest compared to the US, UK, and Australia. Fees for bachelor’s degrees at the US public universities are almost 1/3 higher than Canadian universities. Compared to private universities in the US, fees in Canadian universities for undergraduate programs were found to be less than half.
- Multiple scholarship opportunities: The Canadian government as well as various private and public organizations offer multiple scholarships and bursaries opportunities to the deserving international scholars which would help to build their future in the country as they recognize that international students bring fresh ideas to Canada and contribute a great deal to various disciplines and the industry with the knowledge they bring from their home countries.
- A safe and peaceful atmosphere: Canada is a relatively safe and peaceful country. The Global Peace Index consistently ranks Canada among the top 10 safest countries to visit in the world. It is also relatively unaffected by natural disasters. The country provides students a very welcoming and friendly atmosphere to live and study.
- Multicultural country with deep democratic values: Canada is a country of immigrants and follows a policy of fostering multicultural diversity. The Canadian society comprises of almost all of the world’s ethnic groups. You will easily find the most ethnic foods and cultural activities. People of Canada are generally very open-minded and respectful of different perspectives.
- Easier visa acquisition: One of the most exciting aspects while considering studying in Canada is that the process of acquiring a Canadian study visa. It is relatively relaxed and therefore attracts thousands of international students every year.
- An exciting and beautiful place to live: There is a great diversity in the landscape of Canada as it is a large country situated near the Arctic Circle surrounded by three oceans (the Pacific, Atlantic, and the Arctic). Canadian cities are famous worldwide for their beauty and picturesque landscape that attracts a large number of tourists every year. You can experience several cultural festivals and exciting events here like The Montreal International Jazz Festival, “Poutine Week” – The blend of French fries, delicious gravy, and cheese curd, etc.
EDUCATION IN CANADA
The placement figures and career opportunities for graduates from Canadian universities are remarkably high as a result Canadian schools are ranked amongst the top ten institutions in the world. This results in maximum of students filling submissions to study in Canada every year. The country has public expenditure on post-secondary education of more than 30 billion dollars every year. Depending on the nature of the institution and the duration of the course, tertiary level education is available in both government and private institutions offering degrees, diplomas, certificates, and attestations. Students studying in Canada have great chances of becoming the most successful experts and are wanted by some of the top recruiters of the world.
Following are the degrees generally awarded by Canadian higher education institutes.
- Certificate Level (one year)
- Diploma level (two years)
- Advanced Diploma (three years)
- Fast track Diplomas or Advanced Diploma (1 or 2 years)
- Post-graduate Diplomas/Certificates (one or two years)
- Master’s Degree (one to two years)
- M.Phil. Degree (two years)
- Doctorate or Ph.D. (four to seven years)
TOP UNIVERSITIES for Study in Canada
There are 163 recognized public and private universities and 183 public colleges and institutes in Canada. Also, there are 68 university-level institutions and 51 college-level institutions recognized as authorized institutions. These institutions, however, offer a few selected programs that are approved by the provincially established quality assurance programs.
TOP 10 UNIVERSITIES FOR FOREIGN STUDY IN CANADA ARE:
Given below is the list of top 10 universities in Canada:
- University of Toronto
- University of British Columbia
- University of Waterloo
- McGill University
- University of Montreal
- University of Alberta
- McMaster University
- University of Calgary
- Simon Fraser University
- Queen’s University
TOP COURSES TO STUDY IN CANADA FOR INDIAN STUDENTS:
- Engineering – All Specializations
- Health Sciences
- Information Technology
- Business Management
- Animation / VFX / Graphics Designing
- Hospitality Management
- Fine Arts
- Environmental Science
- Computer Science
STUDY ABROAD IN CANADA: WHEN AND HOW TO APPLY:
Canadian universities, mostly, invite and accept applications individually, which can be found and completed online on their websites. However, some provinces have a centralized application system for universities, such as the Ontario Universities Application Centre (OUAC). Students can apply to multiple universities using a single application through these platforms. Deadlines for applications are generally later than other countries. September is usually the start date for the application but many universities start accepting applications in January or even May.
Students must track the important dates of individual universities to avoid losing out on options.
The general criteria for application are mentioned below:
- The minimum TOEFL score required by most universities is 80-84 (internet-based test) for PG courses
- Most universities and colleges accept equivalent IELTS and PTE Academic scores
Undergraduate study in Canada
- Universities in Quebec require a minimum of 13 years of secondary school education, i.e. an additional year of formal education after the 12th standard or intermediate degree. But, if your academic credentials are very impressive, some universities may consider your application even with 12 years of education
- Minimum aggregate marks of 70% in 12th grade for bachelor’s degrees, and above 50% for diplomas and advanced diplomas
- Mathematics in-class XII (a prerequisite for some sciences, technology, and business courses)
- Minimum required IELTS/PTE Academic scores with an overall score of 6.0 bands or equivalent PTE scores
Masters in Canada
- Most universities require a qualification equivalent to the Canadian bachelor’s degree, which requires 16 years of formal education. It would mean another year of education after an Indian bachelor’s or a four-year bachelor’s degree course like B.E., B.Tech. or other such courses.
- Minimum required IELTS / PTE Academic scores with a minimum score of 6.5 bands as an overall score for PG Diploma and 7.0 bands for a master’s degree. Some universities accept equivalent PTE scores too.
- Relevant work experience (some universities require this for MBA and Master’s Degree in IT)
Doctorate in Canada:
- Masters Degree in the particular subject you wish to pursue doctorate program
STUDENT LIFE IN CANADA
Student life in Canada is very exciting and fascinating. There is no shortage of shopping malls, art galleries, theaters, cafeterias, and exhibition halls in the urban areas. Its cities and towns are rich in public gardens, beaches, parks, sports and leisure facilities. One of the most important reasons why you should study in Canada is because of its welcoming and heartwarming environment. Canada is a peaceful country and is considered very safe for a living. Most of the universities keep campus security for the whole day. All universities in Canada have 24×7 campus security which includes security patrol cars and campus security offices to solve students’ grievances. Certain universities have also instigated the ‘Walk Safe’ program, in which the students can easily get access to public conveyance during late-night hours.
The Canadian Automobile Association (CAA) provides roadside assistance if your vehicle breaks down while driving in Canada. All Cabs in Canada has assistance information found in the backseat.